Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My First Sensory Bin


I finally got around to making a sensory bin! Woo-Hoo! I have been meaning to do this for at least a few months but never had the time, money or a good idea. I finally decided to just throw some stuff I had on hand in there and pick up a few little things at the Dollar Tree to make it interesting. I made this with my 2 year old son in mind. But my older girls played with it for quite a while before he woke up from his nap. Some things I put in are: white pom-poms (snow balls), snowflake confetti, little plastic tools, scoops, tweezers, a small broom thing with a dustpan, felt robots, silicone cupcake wrappers, jewels, and some sticky styrofoamy stuff (like floam?). The girls made cupcakes, we had a treasure hunt to find the jewels, and in the end we broke out in a "snowball" fight. So over all I think my first sensory bin was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment